SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyocean

Question about granite install

nancyocean
9 years ago

Hi everyone, first I want to say, I really have enjoyed viewing your kitchens and getting lots of ideas and tips from you all. This forum has made the remodeling process so much easier.

Things were going pretty good until the granite install. IâÂÂm not sure what I should accept. First picture is where granite meets wall, and itâÂÂs about ü of an inch of a gap Second picture is the left side that too is ü of an inch, but a backsplash is going on that side along with tile trim, so IâÂÂm assuming the ü of an inch wonâÂÂt matter as much on that side. IâÂÂm not sure if this is correct.

Next picture is where granite meets built in refrigerator wall, IâÂÂve been told granite is off because my walls arenâÂÂt level, but this wall should be level. ItâÂÂs not as big a gap 3/16, but I still think it looks sloppy. The lady managing the job, said that she had a restoration man that can fill in the gaps with an epoxy and it will look really good. She said he does a lot of restoration work and he does really good color matching. She said only way to completely fix it would be to replace it, but then there might be other problems, and damage done to floors etc. This does concern me, because IâÂÂm pretty sure granite people put a ding in brand new refrigerator, but I canâÂÂt prove it. I really donâÂÂt know what to do, some people who see it, donâÂÂt think itâÂÂs that big of deal. IâÂÂm not even sure that the contractor will replace the granite, but I donâÂÂt know what I should expect? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Comments (16)