SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fieldser

granite- sink install question

fieldser
16 years ago

Hey everrybody. This is my first posting on this forum- although I think I've read every single one over the past few months. I've learned so much are really appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge.

W/we're almost at the end of redoing our kitchen and now I'm getting paranoid about things that I normally wouldn't think twice about.

Latest paranoia is that I had the folks come do the templates for the granite and gave them the templates for the regular sink and the bar sink. I had picked the pegasus granite composite sinks. The really big single bowl one for the main sink and a round one for the bar sink.

Then I went to the granite yard and picked out the slabs. I never in a million years would have thought that I would end up picking the black impala granite. ( My cabinets are a creamy ivory, the floors are red oak in an ebony stain and the walls are a pretty olivish green) Well, that black impala just made the green pop so nicely.

My concern now is the sinks. I'm afraid that they will blend too well with the counters.

These granite folks have been a nightmare about communication- they normally do new constructin only- and a friend found a deal and got me an 'in" and you know how those things go sometimes. Well, the granite folks called me today and they have cut the stone and are planning on delivering it tomorrow.

My question is: Is it possible to change the sinks out after the granite goes in? They are both undermount sinks. I know that I would have to find one with the same size, shape, etc. My husband says we're stuck forever. But I believe that it will be possible to change them out from below later on.

Thanks for any advice you have.

This mess with the counters has been the only big pain that we've had so I guess were doing really good. Two months in (my husband doing alot of the work himself) and only two big fights- pretty remarkable!!

Thank you,

Beth

Comments (2)