SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinkersouthernbelle

Help me build my DREAM White Kitchen

Hi, I've recently found these great forums. Please offer your insight & experience! I would like to post a photo I have cut out of traditional home of my "dream kitchen" but can't figure out how to post photos. Also it says I can't post scanned photos that aren't mine??? Please advise on this issue.

We are building a house, just broke ground. It is a "spec" home but my builder can do some "upgrades" if available. The "dream kitchen" is a Christopher Peacock and probably costs around $200K. So OBVIOUSLY i'm in a much different price range!

I can't afford to upgrade to the inset cabinets, but they have found overlay cabinets that have almost the exact style doors.

They have found an irridescent white subway tile like shown in the "dream" and will be able to do as my backsplash. I think this is a great look!

I've chosen a chrome faucet instead of a bronze or stainless to get the shinier look. It has a nice shape, more old fashioned looking. Do you think chrome is ok?

Countertops. Granite is what is the "spec" but I haven't seen one that isn't too busy or light enough to get the look I want. The builder is quoting a Okite Zodiak Blanco Carrara that I think looks like a marble. Has anyone seen this installed or has it??? I'm very excited about the possibility of that product....its a quartz. I will NOT do marble....so don't suggest it please.

I'm also considering a gray quartz or a black quartz. What do you think?

I'm adding some "feet" to some of the cabinet bottoms to create a furniture look. The island will be one level with the sink on one side, 4 counter stools on the other side, Beadboard will wrap around the island on the stool sides. This opens into my family room. Basically my kitchen is in the "heart" of the home which is open to the family room & breakfast area. Again I would post a photo of the model home if I could figure out how to add photos!

Thanks for your help!

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz