SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
walkin_yesindeed

SW/Duron Plantation Beige and low light?

walkin_yesindeed
15 years ago

Please try not to laugh at me, but I am still not set on a light beige color for my low-light MBR. (Those kind enough to read my posts know this has been going on for a while.) It's a long rectangle. Windows are 20 ft from the bed. Light in the morning, very little by the afternoon, and the area near the bed is always kinda dark.

No Ben Moore store nearby. Options are Lowe's, HD, and Sherwin Williams.

I've tried various Ralph Lauren colors (Flour Sack White -- too yellow; Muslin -- too reddish, oddly enough; Deep Cream mixed at 150%, pretty beige at night but an off-white with a weird greenish tint during the day). Also tried SW Sand Dollar at 75%. That one is still my favorite, but I'd like it lighter. Problem is that light colors are v difficult to correctly colormatch in quart-sized samples, as it's tough to get the pigments right unless the container size is the standard gallon. The SW guy told me not to even bother buying a sample of Moderate White, which is one step lighter on the strip than Sand Dollar; he predicted it wouldn't come out true. (and since I have more than ten samples sitting in my garage, I was just as glad to not wind up with another wrong one...)

I'm thinking about Plantation Beige, as I've seen a million pics of it online. But seems to me that it's very changeable. In some pics it's gold; in others (like Soonermagic's, on this site) it's a perfect light grey-beige with a slightly cool tone to it.

Thoughts, those of you who are living or have lived with this paint color? And thanks!

Comments (9)