SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haley_hayes87

Will (sw) Rice Grain, Wool Skein, Killim beige be too dark?

Haley Hayes
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am looking for a neutral color that will work in the living room, kitchen, dining and hallway. They are all basically one big room, so I want them all the same color. There is very little natural light. Only one window. It faces east. For privacy we rarely open the blinds but I still want a light airy feel to the apartment. We do have a 9 foot ceiling so that is a plus. We have been leaning toward Rice Grain, but also considering Wool Skein, and Killim beige. I am worried that those colors are too dark for our apartment. I had considered white, but every time I tried a color it seemed too florescent/chalky, shocking white. I heard Dover white is a livable white. Should I consider that instead? Previously I did not like the Divine White, Nacre, and Panda White because in our lower light they will just look dirty walls, now that I am worried the others will be too dark in here that I should start considering them. I know I am over-thinking it but I think my husband is under-thinking it. He is refusing to buy another sample and has scheduled the painters for next Friday. Has anyone tried/used Rice Grain, Wool Skein, or Killim Beige in a room that does not have much natural light?

(btw Heron Plume turned lavender on the north wall and first star was too drab/depressing, ethereal White was too grey) Our Front door is painted sw Inverness. Our Kitchen island is sw Taupe Tone

Comments (4)