SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Laundry room re-do

neetsiepie
15 years ago

I'm so excited about this project I'm about to embark on this weekend. I'm FINALLY going to get a real laundry room. We're removing a sliding glass door that seperates our garage from the workshop behind it. The door is between the area where the washer & dryer are, and a work bench in the garage. We'll replace the slider with a regular door that will open on the end where the fixed pane of the slider is located, and we'll close off the other part with sheetrock. Then I'm going to build a wall seperating the two spaces, and I'll have a tiny laundry room!

I went to our local Habitat for Humanity Restore and found an exterior door & frame ($25), a solid wood flat door to use as a folding table ($10), gorgeous creamy white embossed 6x6 tiles from Pratt & Larson, and some celadon green tiles (all for 35 cents each!) that will go on the wall behind the washer & dryer. A set of upper cabinets in white ($50) and a good sized remnant of high quality carpeting ($10). Also molding for the ceiling and chair rail detail for $4. A little over $100 spent at Home Depot for paint, sheetrock & lumber, and by Monday I'll have a lovely new laundry room!!

I'll be sure to take before & after pix.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor