SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wish2okc

Living Room Re-do...What Do I Do First?

wish2okc
10 years ago

Hello everyone! Haven't been on the board in years as we've been moving & renting houses & I just lost interest in decorating. Possibly because of that, my living room is so shabby we don't even want to invite anyone over. We need to refurbish!

So, here's the situation & I hope y'all can help me. I want a new couch. The old one still looks fine & is in good shape, but it's a beast & I want a smaller one. There are two upholstered, club type, loose cushion chairs that are about 30 years old. The fabric is grubby & fraying in places. I want to keep them & have re-upholstered. Tables & lamps I can figure out later. There is no rug in the room & the floors are hardwood. So, since the chairs are the worst, should I do them first & try to coordinate a new couch later? Or, would it be best to buy a rug & pull colors for the room from there? I love color but also love neutrals. Right now my couch is a creamy color and my chairs are red toile with a cream background. I'm thinking about blues now. Like the idea of neutral upholstery and bringing in color with pillows, throws & art work.

Thanks in advance for your ideas & advice. I'm just at a stand-still not knowing where to start & I really need to get moving on this!

Comments (7)