SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ggschmerl

Living Room re-do

ggschmerl
17 years ago

Hello. I'm a lurker on this forum and decided to share a project I just completed.

Background: I had to have a new roof put on my house recently, due to some of the old roof problems, moisture was getting in around my chimney and the paint on my living room celing around where the chimney is was starting to pop off the walls literally. Layers of paint was falling off the ceiling and it looked horrible. After the new roof got put in, I knew I'd have to re-paint the ceiling, so while I was at it why not repaint the entire room? Photos of before, during and after are below.

For my birthday my boyfriend wanted to buy me a new sofa. he thought I'd like leather because I have 2 weiner dogs and they are always on the couch. Easier to keep clean he said. I agreed. So now I have a completely new looking living room. It took me 5 weeks to decide on a color. I really like what I finally chose. I was shooting for the terra cotta family. I also might mention that before I had also had horrible stained unly cream carpet in this room. My house had hardwood floors underneath it all, so I ripped the carpet out and re-did the wood floors myself. They turned out so great. I'm really happy with them.

The new furnitire that was delivered yesterday has an issue. The ottoman is a different color than the sofa. I'm having them fix that problem for sure.

Also I plan to have a lady I know make me some custom pretty throw pillows for the room and sofa. I'm thinking green's maybe.

Thanks for looking.

Mindy

LR before anythng was done

Another view

During

After paint/floors - before new furnniture

Another view

After new furniture

Another view after new furniture

Comments (12)