SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamitcanbe_gw

Fast and Furious in Warm White Reveal with pictures!!

DreamItCanBe
12 years ago

Thank you to all who have posted and given advice. Though I haven't asked many questions myself, I've benefited from the questions asked and answered by others more than you will ever know!

Background: We bought our 10 year old house 3 years ago in a foreclosure auction. We loved the neighborhood, saw lots of potential, and were happy to get the house for 30% less than the appraisal value. We had tried, unsuccessfully, to negotiate a short sale with the bank for 4 months prior to the auction. Sadly, the previous owners had not cared for the home. Though the bones of the house were good, we had to repaint every surface, refinish the hardwood, and replace the carpeting. The kitchen was in decent shape, but the layout had some issues and the cabinets were builder grade and the cabinets themselves were in poor condition. We lived with the kitchen until this summer.

We did the following renovation with a budget of $21K. We did all of the labor ourselves (thanks to a REALLY handy father) with the exception of the Cambria countertops. We did the renovation from demo to finish in 17 days. Yikes! I need a vacation!

Cabinets: Mid Continent Portico in maple with Antique White paint. APC, full extension drawers, soft close doors and drawers. Super Susan, pull-out recycling.

Cabinet crown: From HD, painted ourselves with BM Pearl finish paint which was color matched from the cabinet doors.

Cabinet Hardware: Amerock Satin Nickel Subtle Arch 5" center to center

Backsplash: Vermeere Ceramic Linear Mosaic in Linen, crackle finish (this was a custom order gone wrong that I capitalized on in the back room of my tile shop)

Paint: BM Pashima-AF-100 Aura paint (color chosen after using the BM/Cambria color assistant on the Cambria website)

Countertop: Cambria Quartz in Windermere 3cm, pencil edge, island corners gently softened corners.

Sink/Faucet: 16 gauge SS. Krauss KUB-10, faucet solid stainless pull-down Krauss KPF2120, Soap Dispenser Krauss SD20 modified with a never MT. Krauss bundle purchased from Overstocks at a great price.

Disposal: Insinkerator Evolution Excel with Insinkerator Air Switch on the counter. Love this disposal! So quiet and so powerful!

Floor: Wicanders Series 1000 Identity Chestnut floating planks

Fridge: KA KFC522EVMS counter depth, with water inside. Love it!

Microwave: GE PEM31SMSS in the island semi-built into a custom order cabinet built to size.

Range: GE Profile PG5968SEPSS gas on glass � love this!

Hood: Broan Evolution 3

Dishwasher: KA KUDE40FXSS so quiet!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Renovation

Comments (31)