SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minette99

New Small Kitchen Pics~ Enjoy :)

minette99
15 years ago

I love looking at everyone's pics here and I love that so many folks share them, so I thought I'd share mine! Newly done, very old home (1926). I wanted an old-and-new feel and well, IMHO, I feel I have it... the old feel was mostly achieved with the tumbled marble tiled backsplash that I had done up, inside and all around the large window over the sink. After it was all completed, I debated -- agonized -- if I should tile the second larger window too and -- finally decided to do it.

I was the designer -- ACK! I was the GC -- ACK! All around decision maker, etc. Thanks to a wonderful contractor who really guided me away from insanity, I think we're just about finished. Everything is new except the micro (good for now.)

It's neither perfect nor grand, but it really makes me smile a whole lot! :)

I hope you don't mind my pics and that this is OK to do!

The SS dishwasher is hidden in the island, facing the sink. I bought a 19" cabinet pull and had it mounted on the side of the island for a towel rack.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

On the wall adjacent to the pantry (not pictured) I had a 15" flat screen tv mounted! I decided not to put filler above the fridge so I can keep cutting boards there and a big hunk of marble I use for baking.

{{!gwi}}

Oh and while we were at it, I also redid a half bath off the kitchen. If you look in the mirror you can see a stained glass panel I had made to cover the window enough for privacy while letting in the light. I might do just a wee bit of tiling in there, too!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (44)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath