SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pmartin_gw

vent: the red flag warning was right on the money!

pmartin
14 years ago

The painters came in this morning to start painting at my sister's rental house. She was so excited and throughout the day reminded me many times that she was anxious to get home and see the progress.

She was so disappointed when she saw their work. First order of business was the kitchen cabinets. They needed to be scraped (latex over oil), sanded and primed. Nope these idiots use some kind of BM spray sealer right over the flaking, peeling paint. So now the new color is all rough. They continue on their destructive path by not taking the doors off the cabinets to paint them. They painted around the hinges and over the old hardware holes without filling them in, even though she left a note with specific instructions to fill the holes cause we were replacing them. errr...

They moved the fridge out enough to paint the wall that you'd see and left the rest the old color. They didn't remove any of the switch covers or plates. He said the ceilings are all painted, but the kitchen one is still the same old color. Yikes!

I told her to phone the landlord immediately and have the job stopped especially after explaining how the work is being completed. She is worried to say anything b/c she said it isn't any of her business. I disagree and think he should know what kind of work he is getting regardless of the dollar amount involved. This character calls himself a professional painter! I have never met anyone that doesn't remove the above when painting.

She is so upset cause she said it looks like a shabby job. Poor thing! I may just find my van driving in the neighborhood tomorrow and stop by...I really can't help myself.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor