SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beeps_gw

Quick vote on flooring color and size please.

beeps
11 years ago

I've had to make a last minute substitution in the flooring I'll be using throughout my house, including kitchen and bathrooms. Just the bedrooms will be carpet. House will definitely have a contemporary/modern vibe.

Questions:

Can I have a slate flooring or will that not work with the more contemporary feel of the house? I'm getting mixed opinions on that. I have one slate option and the rest more concrete looking tiles. Yet I want the tile to have some color variation. 1500 or so sq ft of a flat/plain/unpolished gray tile will be pretty boring.

Should I use a large plank or stick with square tiles? I have a fear the plank style will date the house pretty soon. (But, according to an earlier thread it already dated because it will have a split-level island and OTR microwave, at least initially. May switch that out. Can't wait to have the bar-height island though to have an area to hide some stuff in the kitchen from view of the living areas.)

House will have espresso cabs with Alaska White granite. Stainless appliances. Mostly BN hardware, with a little chrome. Lights range from crystal, to stainless, and one "hazel bronze" fixture.

Bathrooms will be tile with the glass accents. Forget about the speckly piece, that was a potential countertop but I'll be going with Carrara Marble for tops in both bathrooms.

So, here are the flooring options:

Option 1 - size either 13x20 or 20x20.

Option 2 - size either 13x20 or 20x20

Option 3 - size either 12x18 or 18x18

Option 4 - size either 13x20 or 20x20

Thanks in advance for your votes, help, and suggestions.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert