SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heidi_tapley

Needs some help deciding on kitchen update (pics)

heidi_tapley
16 years ago

As you can see from the pics, my home is quite small; however, it is a home. We live in a log cabin and the view is priceless; especially this time of year. Our home definitely has a rustic feel, note the indian carving by the staircase, and the ceiling fan pictured below is above the dining table. Note...this was a bachelor pad for over 10 years, and I am trying to work around the manly feel to make it a little more womanly since getting married last year.

On to my decisions... the kitchen is equiped with very dated oak cabinets YUCK!, and I am thinking of painting them red (similar to wall color in living room) and antiquing them similiar to the pic below. I want my kitchen to have that wow factor because it is the first thing you see when entering since you enter the home through the door by the fridge and with all the cedar walls, it needs some pizazz! Regardless of what I end up doing with the cabinets, we will be tiling the countertops with 4 x4 beige rialto tiles and installing a white dishwasher and in a few months purchase a new white flat-top range and OTR microwave when our budget allows.

Please excuse the mess in the pics, and I have gotten rid of that awful green paint in the kitchen, the oak trim ceiling light, updated the knobs and hinges to orb handles, and removed most of the stuff on top of the cabinets. If updated pics would help, I would be happy to post more.

Thanks for looking, and I am open to suggestions.

Heidi

Comment (1)