SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christy2828

Advice for kids room paint colors

christy2828
14 years ago

I have a whole house to paint and today the new furniture for my daughter's room came in....and the blue tape was just sitting there...so I started. I painted the chair rail and the molding ultra white. But I've been struggling with ideas for her room for months. We only got two peices of furniture in today so I want to take advantage. This is a picture of the new furniture with the current comforter that I really like. I have not picked curtains, though a bright pink is up there now. I really think I want some soothing and cool colors. I'm thinking a very nice bright and very light blue but I am not sure. Also, should I paint both the top and bottom the same color or go for something darker on the bottom? I've been poring over internet pages and books for months but until I decided on the house (we finally found one!!) and the furniture I was unsure. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm not sure if I captured the true colors of the the furniture and comforter set - I literally just covered her face (she's sleeping on the trundle tonight, fun!) and snapped a shot 2 minutes ago. Here is a link to both sets for maybe more accurate color. Thanks so much, Christy

Comforter: http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=59474&CatID=60555&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=14262b3&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=EXTERNAL%7c59489&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=19&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=external:59489:60555

Here is a link that might be useful: Belle Noir - Rooms to go kids

Comments (6)