SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisasullivan_gw

New Construction and NO Eat in Kitchen?

lisasullivan
14 years ago

I am new to this board and have found it to be such a blessing. Lots of people have the same types of questions I do!

here's my dilema- We are currenting under construction for a new home and I have been back and forth trying to decide if we need to have a traditional eat in kitchen or not. The kitchen with eat in area is a good size. See link to what our kitchen/family plan generally looks like:

http://www.houseplans.com/2336-square-feet-4-bedroom-2.5-bathroom-Colonial-house-plans-2-garage-(307)

My thought is to make the l-shaped kitchen u-shaped with a counter height peninsula that looks like a table with 6 stools. To do this and get more cabinet space, I was going to extend the cabinets 3' on the outside wall past the slider, take out the slider and have a single door installed to the deck.

I currently live in a townhouse and don't have an eat in kitchen. I have found it to work for me so far, because if my son is doing homework I don't have to go around the whole kitchen to help. Is this a good idea or a bad idea? Some pictures of kitchens like this would help a lot too!

Thanks!

Lisa

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert