SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
norasnews

Evolution of a Room, Need Advice Please (Pics)

norasnews
15 years ago

I am trying to decorate on an extreme budget.. reuse recycle repurpose, etc... I would love any and all comments..

Here is my living room:

It was like that for TWELVE years, until I inherited this furniture from my 94 year old aunt:

I had slipcovers made since I was not crazy about the fabric, and couldn't afford much. I used painter's dropcloths as the fabric:

I found the lamps at a thrift store, but did buy the shades.. they can be returned (not the bases, but they were not expensive... ) I found needle point pillow covers.. (very muted) at a thrift store,(for the chairs) and they are at the drycleaners.. the pillows on the coach are from TJ Maxx. Tags are still on, since I am incapable of making a decision!! Oh, and I have a plain sea grass rug on backorder from Ballards, so I brought the small patterned one down from my bedroom to see.. I may move that to the foyer, cause I kinda like it!

I would love opinions on what works and what doesn't and also any suggestions for the finishing touches.

Thanks a million for any advice! You all make this look so easy! It is so NOT easy for me. The "decorating" still needs to be done.

Comments (59)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996