SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Mantle advice needed, please! (pics)

alisande
16 years ago

This is the way my mantle used to look. I wasn't happy with the mix of metals (brass trim on clock, everything else pewter), plus it looked a little busy to me, plus I couldn't find a good spot for the bronze mirrors I had removed. I thought the cat looked great, but I couldn't count on him to hang out there. :-)

Then I received a stained-glass fireplace screen for Christmas, and that gave me the push I needed to start over with the mantle. I want to keep the clock because one of my kids gave it to me. And I'd like to keep the mirrors where they are. I just stuck a few things on the mantle for possible starters: old brass candlesticks and a tall piece, also old, that I've never identified.

Can you please tell me where to go from here? Feel free to move things around, or eliminate the pieces I stuck there. You don't know what else I have, obviously, but actually, neither do I. :-) If you can give me an idea of how to group things, or what height(s) I should be looking for, I can survey my "stuff" and perhaps find something that'll work. Thanks very much!

Susan

Oh, this is the way the screen looks at night:

Comments (14)