SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scanmike_gw

Husband not crazy about Red in DR...Help!

scanmike
14 years ago

Hi,

My husband is in the process of putting in a chair rail and molding below in our dining room. We are repainting the house and after 7 years of a green living room I am thinking of using Tobacco Road. Seven years ago I tried to sell him on the idea of a red dining room (with white below), but he gave it two thumbs down saying it would look like a funeral parlor. We instead used a dull pale green that basically looked off white..Boring!! Since then he has seen some friend's red rooms and likes them. However, his resistance once again is making me second guess myself. He says "red is dead", meaning dated. Our kitchen is Restoration Hardware Butter. I have red and green accents throughout the house (my compromise for not letting me paint red). The idea of a color deeper than Tobacco Road or something like Restoration Hardware's Flax also appeals to me. I thought of using Tobacco Road in the dining room as well, but afraid it will be boring to be all the same. What should I do, if I don't do red?? The dining room has wild black cherry table and oak round glass antique china cabinet. Why do men resist red?(I just asked my son and he said red is tacky). Please Help!! He told me to ask you guys.

Comments (52)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville