SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrspete

Does The Galley sink exist . . . smaller & less industrial?

mrspete
9 years ago

So, yesterday I killed an hour at the orthodontist's office (last child - post-braces appointment, hopefully that was the last time I ever sat in that waiting room, but I digress) discovering The Galley sink.

Wow, the size, the cutting boards. So cool! I love the idea of doing my chopping IN the sink and keeping the mess contained. I love the idea of two levels of cutting boards and a self-contained colander. It's just a cool product.

However, several things make me stop -- and, oddly enough, the price isn't tops on the list. If this were genuinely everything I wanted, it's something I'd use multiple times a day, I'd pay the price of the smaller versions. But these things aren't right for me:

- The industrial look. Yeah, it'd fit in great for the right kitchen, but our house is going to be more traditional, with a nod towards Victorian. We're thinking warm-tone wood cabinets with seeded glass fronts, nice granite countertops . . . and a 4 1/2' hunk of stainless steel does nothing to complete that look.
- The cutting boards and other accessories are available only in white, black and bamboo. For this price (and for things that'd be used constantly in this system), I'd expect a wider range of color choices.
- The size. Though I love the concept, even the smallest of the standard sizes is oversized. Yes, they have a 3' version, but it lacks the two-layered cutting board concept, which I felt was one of the reasons to go with this system. I wouldn't be willing to pay this price unless I got ALL the bells and whistles.

So I've been looking at similar products. I can't remember the name, but I saw that one comes with a rectangular "metal basket" that I liked -- it would be ideal for washing produce, especially for canning.

Anyway, does anyone know of a sink similar to The Galley . . . but in a more reasonable size and with a look that doesn't look like it could fit into a restaurant kitchen?

Comments (2)