SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cabalist_gw

Why SHOULDN'T I use a commercial/industrial sink ?

cabalist
14 years ago

My wife and I are about to put all of the kitchen stuff we have been buying over the last 5-7 years into our living room to create a new kitchen, and in the process decommission the old one.

We bought our Traulsen glass-front stainless steel refrigerator from where I work for a little over $500 (it lived in a magazine's photo studio holding condiments for 10 years). We have a small Frigidaire chest freezer we got when we moved into our house. And we just purchased a Viking range for $500 that I have cleaned up and replaced the stock ignitors with Maytag ignitors, and now it is gorgeous and functional.

My question is this. Why can't (or to rephrase, why shouldn't I) install a 2-3 hole commercial/industrial stainless steel sink? I have found one for $250 in great shape (2 hole, 12" deep with a drainboard). We are about to have our first child, and while I want to wash them in the sink, I don't necessarily want them at the bottom of a bottomless sink!

Should I go with a large residential? They are so expensive, and usually no more than about 10" deep?

Does anyone have any experience with the commercial sinks and baby/child washing, etc?

CAVEAT: My wife is a professional Chef.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (11)