SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
niki_friedman

Taking the marble plunge- what accessories do I need?

Niki Friedman
9 years ago

Hi all-
Long time lurker and few times poster here. You will see more of me in the coming months because we are finally doing our kitchen! Working on the layout now and we will post it for advice.

I've read and read and read and we are going with marble counters- likely honed danby. Yes I have two little boys. Yes my husband is messy. I'm no neat freak myself. But, I love them and I just cannot do my kitchen without them. I may be convinced to put absolute black honed granite somewhere just for a safe space. Haven't decided for sure.

Anyway, back to the marble. What kinds of accessories do you have to protect heavy use areas like around the sink? What kind of sink do you recommend? My current undermout sink with granite counter is constantly wet around the sides and I'm sure that will make a total mess of the granite. Is a big farmhouse sink with big sides the way to go?

Do you have favorite cutting boards, advice on what to put under the coffee pot, etc? I know I'm going to have etching all over the place- I expect it and welcome it. Just trying to be ahead of the game a bit ;)

Thanks all!

Comments (15)