SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessnmiserable

I can't take anymore/what do I do?

After losing my Job in FL and moving back with my father and his very unkind girlfriend..I was miserable for many reasons. I finally was able to get an apt here that was nice and affordable. The only one that is this nice in my price range.

I even got a nice corner apt. Should be heaven right?

NOPE.

Not only do I have a stomper above me, but the icing on the cake? I found out from the landlady that she has RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME.

Ladies and gentlemen, we all know how bad a stomper is, now imagine a stomper that is constantly on the move because of her condition? She does not work; I hear her all hours of the day when I am home trying to relax on the weekend and ALL HOURS off and on of the freakin night when I am trying to sleep because she gets up every couple of hours and walks around, STOMPSTOMPSTOMP!!! Sometimes when she is particularly restless she will go at it off an on for 3 hours straight. So there is 3 hours of sleep rape, + the 2 more it takes me to fall back asleep. Oh look an hour later time to get up for work!

I sympathize that she has a condition but if she can;t learn to walk quietly she should NOT be on a freakin upper floor.

I am lucky if I get 5 hours of sleep anymore. I am always too tired to do anytikng. My social has taken a plunge. Today I was going to string lights on my tree but am too trashed to do so. I can;t even take a freakin nap in the middle of the day to make up for the sleep deprivation because lou and behold here will come the stomping!

I have tried EVERYTHING and I just dn't know what to do anymore. I am going out of my mind.

Huge and very loud fan turned up on the highest setting AND wearing earplugs with it. Yet her stompikng STILL manages to penetrate!

I tried music through headphones but I can;t sleep to music. Wish I could.

I have talked to the manager and as the story usually goes, she did talk to her, twice, but the problem still continues. Worse yet I feel like I am the bad guy because I am the new tenant who is already complaining.

The lady who lived here before me was very very old and lived here for 15 years. No doubt her hearing was probably very bad and this is why the stomping didn;t bother her.

I did ask the manager if I could switch apts next time a top floor one comes available but she says they only do tat under very special circumstances because it's a "hassle"

Is she kiddikng me??? What hassle? Some extra paper work for them? I am the one who will have to pack uip my crap and move once again, which believe me I love this apt and don;t want to do either but I am seriously suffering here.

So anyone know what I could do? :(

Are there any earplugs that DO block footfall sounds?? Maybe the ones I have are not that strong. Idk. I just know I really can't take much more of this !

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm