SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robins_nest_07

These panels in my great room? (pics of both)

14 years ago

I've been wanting to do panels for a looooong time. I'm finally getting around to it.

The ones that I have found are faux silk. They aren't too shiny, and I really like them. (panels only, no valance)

(in person, the brown looks a little "warmer" than it does on the website)

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_070C123467600000B?vName=For+the+Home&cName=Window+Coverings&keyword=jaclyn+smith+faux+silk+panels

I have 3 windows that I will be doing. One large window in the great room, a medium sized window (4x6) and a smaller window (2x6?) in the dining area.

I like the chocolate brown color.

My concerns: The dark color will make the room look smaller? I worry that it will create an sudden stop to the room......right now, with no panels, it looks kind of airy and open....I don't want to lose that feeling.

The dark color is just too dark and I should go with something lighter?

The slight sheen of the faux silk doesn't go at all with our decor? I wonder if a no-sheen fabric would be better?

Also, I need to add some color to the room (I know this), everything is shades of brown. I plan to add color through maybe a lap throw and some pillows.

I do, however, like the "natural" look with neutral tones.

And, if anyone is a photoshop whiz, I would love to see what these panels would look like on my windows.

I have purchased one panel, and have it up right now (just taped up). I'll include a picture of that as well.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH