SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamojean

High faucet with low cabinets - thoughts?

dreamojean
10 years ago

I need help figuring out what height cabinets to buy for over my sink, which isn't in front of a window or on an island. The faucet I've bought is GORGEOUS but is almost 17" tall, and typically cabinets are 18" from the countertop - too tight! So I'd love feedback on whether to make my 30" over the sink upper cabinet 36" tall for example instead of the 39" that the other cabinets will be, to give 4" between faucet and bottom of cabinets.

The sink I bought is a 30" Kraus KPF-2170 double 60/40 undermount with d-shaped main sink (16.5x17.5x9) and rectangular side sink (10x14x9) and the faucet is KPF2170 and I have not ordered the cabinets yet.

I've got a small urban 12 foot one-wall kitchen with a 5.5-6 foot by 3 foot island and the sink is a foot to the left of the fridge and 2 feet to the right of the stove. So what will "pop" will be the stainless steel fridge and range/otr microwave and the stainless steel sink faucet, otherwise I've got white cabinets and countertop and hardwood floors. And not a lot of cabinet space. But I don't want a claustrophobic sink area as we wash plastic by hand.

Thoughts? Here's a link to the sink: http://www.faucetdirect.com/kraus-kbu21-kpf2170-sd20-30-undermount-60-40-double-bowl-16-gauge-stainless-steel-kitchen-sink-with-pullout-spray-kitchen/p1554101

Comments (14)