SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soccermommy_3

Open family room furniture placement

soccermommy_3
16 years ago

Hello,

I used to frequent these boards alot more while we were building our house, but have been so busy lately after moving in that I haven't checked in! Anyway, I just love all of the information and help you guys give. My problem is with my new open family/kitchen area. When we first moved in I placed my overstuffed sofa on the long wall without the windows. Then I placed my loveseat facing the fireplace to make a conversation area. Some people thought this made a "wall" that they didn't like. So I moved the loveseat to the window wall and everyone complained that they couldn't see the t.v.! Anyway that furniture(yucky) has been moved to the front computer/reading room. So I need to buy something new and decide where to put it! My dh thinks a sectional along the main long wall will be great even though we will still have that "wall" separating the areas. He likes the sectional idea also because unless I put an area rug under it or put non slip feet the loveseat constantly slid around the room, sometimes with help from the kids!I am thinking of a sofa or console table along the small wall between the windows and slider. I would also like to replace the huge big screen with an armoire and smaller tv! Also plan on panels with clip rings for the curtains. Any furniture ideas are appreciated. Our style would be country/french country/traditional i guess? lol Some fabric swatches I have brought home include olive and cinnabar colors. I am having trouble finding sectionals that do not look contemporary. Also the family room space is about 13x19. Thanks ,Here are some pics to help get a feel for the space.

Comments (12)