SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaynemma

Help me with this backyard issue

shaynemma
12 years ago

It was about house decorating, but moreover, I considered this would bring even more topics.

First of all, my sister lives in a townhouse normally. She decided to do some landscape ideas. So she got few trees in the backyard and bound those trees with the backyard rail. Then the problem developped more than decorating stuff.

Her neighbor claim that they owned the rail so destroyed the tree. But my sister claimed that the rail was the public owned property that she could use it too. The arguement didn't end well. To claim the jurisdiction, her neighbor also bound something with the rail, and my sister removed those things too-probably as a revenge for those piteful trees.

Now her neighbor wanted to file a lawsuit against my sister, not about the removing, but about the rail. The neighbor still announced the backyard rail was their property and my sister was not allowed to use or remove anything with it.

Therefore, here is my question. Who really owns the backyard rail and who can possess the right to use it. Not about those revenege moves, was my sister right at the first place that she bounds the trees with the rail?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths