SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhapsdy

Who should we call to get help with a backyard drainage issue?

rhapsdy
13 years ago

My husband and I bought this house (our first) a little over a year ago. Since then we have realized that the backyard has horrible drainage issues. It literally becomes a pond when it rains. And with us living in southern Louisiana, we frequently get downpours of a few inches an hour. Below is a link to some pictures of our drainage issues.

Obviously we need some help. I know that seeing pictures here isn't really going to be able to let anyone know exactly how to help us. So I guess my question is what kind of professional would I contact that COULD help us? Landscape designer or architect? some kind of engineer? The city to get info on codes for dealing with drainage? (We are outside the city limits by only by a mile or so..so would that apply?) We don't have a lot of money to do this (hardly any) but something desperately needs to be done before it one day floods our house. It would be awesome if we could find someone that would come in and give us a plan to follow that will solve our issues and then we could do all the dirty work to get it implemented.

I hope that I'm asking the right questions and if not, please any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Yard Drainage Problems in Photographs

Comments (16)