SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

The LR - Part 2 - a table for between the chairs

bac717
9 years ago

With a lot of help from many members here, we have a furniture arrangement we like in the LR. I will link that thread here, but be prepared to read a lot and look at many pictures.

Now, I am trying to decide on a table to use between the chairs in the window. We have a small, rectangular table with drop leaves that we tried early on in the arranging process, but I think with the leaves up, altho the shape is nice, the table is too large. We could use the table with the leaves down, but I'm not sure the shape is the best with the chairs. On CL, I found that our GW friend dlm2000 (I bought the chairs and ottoman from her) is also selling a cute round table that she used between the chairs when they lived at her house. I like the table, but here is my concern. We already have a round table in the corner between the sofa and one of the chairs in the window. Would another round table be too much? Here are some pictures.

#1 - Round table in corner, rectangle to the left of sofa, space between chairs that needs a table.

#2 - Tables switched so the round tables wouldn't be so close together (But I think I prefer our round pedestal table in the corner)

#3 - The table dlm is selling. It is 20" round and 25" tall. The arms of the chairs are about 26" tall at the front and angle down to about 24.5" tall.

#4 - dlm shared this picture with me. Here are the chairs and the table as they were arranged in her home.

So......round table, rectangle or something else??? Any suggestions if you think neither the round or the rectangle would work there? Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: LR furniture arrangement

Comments (23)