SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjam08

LR Update/new glass tables, chair, one more thing???

jjam
10 years ago

So many of you have been so helpful in getting my LR together.
I did decide to keep the new CL glass tables, and so the old one and the two barrel back cane chairs went to new happy owners on CL. So here is what is in place now:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I had planned to put a pair of Billy Bookshelves in the remaining corner and have them trimmed out with crown molding, etc. by a good carpenter who has done great work and is inexpensive. DH and DD both think it's a dumb idea and that they will look cheap even if they are trimmed out, etc.

In the other corner facing the couch I have a small grand piano, and one of the things I'd like to accomplish is to provide storage for music. I've got a lot of old scores that are bound attractively and have some history, etc.

I have been thinking about a free standing piece that might work for the same purpose. This came up on CL today, and the asking price is $250. It would go in the corner where there is just a lot of stuff sitting there now. I would probably place it on the short wall; facing the couch.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

WDYT? Too much stuff?? The same two, DH and DD, tend to say things get too crowded if I have my way. Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH