SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onourway2nc

Anybody interested in a fixer-upper for 'only' $5.5 million??

onourway2nc
16 years ago

Here's a home near us that has been for sale for about a year. The price has been reduced from an original asking price of $7.5 million. It really is a fixer-upper as the bathrooms and kitchen haven't been touched in over 30 years. The butler's pantry with the green cabinets, is the size of an average kitchen, LOL! There is also a walk-in silver safe lined with the material that prevents tarnishing. Many of the bathroom fixtures are original. Also, it is listed as having central air and an elevator-the elevator is original to the home and although it was in working order about 15 years ago, it isn't now. Central air was never installed as the wife didn't believe in it. It would cost a fortune to put it into a home this size, the four stories including the basement total approximately 35,000 SF.

I would love to imagine it restored and updated, the grounds are gorgeous. The gardens are done in the style of English gardens, the owner grew up in the country near London and had quite a passion for gardening. There is also a two-story apartment above the five car garage where the caretaker lives. The entire place needs to be restored from top to bottom. The property is 11 acres and cannot be split up according to the township ordinances which is great for the neighborhood. It prevents a builder from coming in and dividing up the properties into small lots and overbuilding for the area.

The pictures in the tour include many gorgeous antiques. Those pics were taken before they moved out. I can't even begin to imagine the work involved in moving from a home that size!

Here's the link as I'm having difficulty placing it in the URL. To access this page directly, use http://homes.realtor.com/realestate/berwyn-pa-19312-1089072994/

Comments (29)