SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rkalidoss_gw

Need a new kitchen vent with external blower- or do i?

RKALIDOSS
10 years ago

We just bought a house and the Thermador range hood which is about 20 years old isnot working:Model Number says H5530-03. The handyman says the blower motor is not working( VR600)..I called thermador and they say none of the blowers they carry today will work for that model of the vent..arrrrgghhh!..This is an external mounted vent on the roof...and i like to keep it that way,..am i better off just buying a new hood, or should i get another service guy to see if he can repair the blower..I aksed Thermador if the VT630D blower will work..but they said no ..so..what are my choices for hoods 1)Thermador 2)Viking 3)BEST??.. We just bought a house so dont have too much money to splurge..but we cook a lot of spicy food, and especially love our fishes..so a powerful hood is a must and also the kitchen is a open floor plan where we will be watching TV..so quietness of the hood would be very important..so plaese please ..put me out of this misery and help me choose!!..Thankyou all..I think this site trumps facebook as a new homeowner :))))

Comments (10)