SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

Looking for cool neutral.. and failing!

funkyart
11 years ago

I tried paint samples in the main living area of my new house today-- was certain one of the 4 I tried would be perfect after checking sample cards and looking at so many photos online. I didnt care for any of them!

The tavern taupe I love in my current house looked far too yellow tan in the new one.

Austere Gray was the best of the bunch but just not enough color or "wow" factor.

Comfort Gray was also too pale and read very blue

Ancient Marble disappeared into blah

I think I need to go up a step on the paint strips and look for something with a little more color. I thought I was ok with a blue green gray but they I didnt like how the comfort gray went so blue. Maybe I need one with a touch of gold?

I had meant to test SW grassland too but missed that on my sample list. I think I may go up a step and try svelte sage.. but what I see in my minds eye isnt a sage. It's a chameleon gray/taupe that leans green.

I know there have been many posts on gray greens on here.. but my search isnt finding near as many as I know exist. Arggh.

I dont need to stick to SW.. however, there isnt a BM store local. Do I need to drop a few bucks and look at F&B or EK? I don't want an in your face color.. but I want rich depth.

I've dabbled with the idea of a gold too-- but I absolutely don't want anything that's sunny bright and cheery -- it's so not my personality lol.

Would love any direction or photos you will share. I am frustrated and not eager to go buy more paint samples that will fail.

Comments (18)