SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_downen

Help, revising my warm palette for neutral/cool tones

Sarah Downen
6 years ago

Hi all! I've lived in this house three years, and the color scheme has ways driven me crazy. It's warm, but really, it's yellow. Warm wood floors (beautiful!) and two shades of yellow-y beige on every wall... for 3600 square feet. Even the celings. As much as I'd love to eradicate every warm tone.. I have a huge kitchen with granite that uses warm goldens, browns, and even a terra cotta. I don't have the thousands it would take to switch out that granite. Instead, I was hoping to lighten the mood in the kitchen by painting a warm white (looking at divine white or creamy by SW). Since the kitchen is the focal point of the house, I cant do a warm kitchen and cool rest of house, so I was thinking of a neutral palette with some greiges. I'm not necessarily afraid of color but my eye goes to deep grays and blues (like stormy blue by SW) and they wouldnt fit. So far, I've gotten testers of mindful gray, dovetail (which reads too purple in some rooms..) and have all the SW griege swatches on my table. All my doors and crown mounding are white.

Any ideas? What about for pops of color? I need less yellowy beige! TIA!

Disclaimer: all photos were after taken after dark. i know natural light is better, but kids. The reason why everything happens after their bedtime. :)

Front Door- hard to tell, but the ceilings all match the walls throughout

Living room.. even the fp and blinds match

Kitchen corner

Granite in kitchen

Foyer in to living room

so..much..yellowy beige!

Comments (9)