SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twinkletoesmomma

Help needed for warm/cool colors

twinkletoesmomma
14 years ago

Hi

I am ready to paint my kitchen with BM Aura paint. I will have Dove white Kraftmaid cabinets and black stone countertops. The white of the cabinets are a cool/almost bluish tinted white. I want to paint the walls a light tan color. Do I pick a cool tan to go with the cabinets or a warm tan to neutralize it all? I've had conflicting advice from local paint stores/decorators. I really like the tan called "White Sand" but am now second guessing that that is too "cool"

The room that the kitchen opens to is tan also, but I guess it has more warm colors--chocolate brown rug, light tan sofas, red brick fireplace.

Another question-Do I try to match the trim/beadboard on other side of the room to the cabinets or should I go with just a pure white? Should I stay on the cool side or warm side for colors? Does this depend more on cabinet color or wall colors? I would like this to be uniform throughout the house (it all needs to be re-painted) The other rooms vary in color from grey/tans, dark browns, yellows, and greens. how do I match it to all?

Thanks so much!

Comments (15)