SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Looking for a 'neutral' smoky blue-green

jockewing
15 years ago

My colors for years have been the earthy tans with pops of golds, yellowed greens, and bright red-oranges. I am getting tired of this scheme. I have a small home with an open living room / kitchen combo. Right now the living room area has a creamy tan called "Brazilian Tan" that is from the WalMart line of colors. I do like it, it is the only tan I could find after trying at least 10 colors that didn't have funky undertones.

I have finally noticed that the rooms in my home I feel most comfortable in, my bedroom and MB, are painted in pale greens (SW Svelte Sage) and blues (SW Notable Hue). Because the house is small, with little natural light and the only overhead light from ceiling fans, I find that warm colors somehow make the rooms feel "stuffy" and "hot?". I don't know how to describe it. I thought maybe painting in a cool color might make the walls recede and make the LR/K feel more open and airy.

Currently, the back wall of the open kitchen/den combo is painted a yellow green from SW called Ryegrass. I did like it at first, but I lately find I'm leaning towards the blue greens instead of the yellow greens. Please help me pick a smoky blue-green that is livable and not minty or pastely. I would try it in the kitchen, and if it works, maybe extend throughout the whole open LR. I thought about a gray, but I'm afraid that might not work with the earth tone stuff that I have already.

Comments (21)