SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moderncucina

I need your advice with flooring/paint choices on my remodel

moderncucina
15 years ago

Ladies & Gentlemen...

After perusing this site for a NUMBER of months, I have finally decided on cabinets and a counterop :) Phew! I like a clean modern look, so I am going to use dark cabinets (walnut-colored) with a marble (danby statuary or calcutta) countertop and a raised white subway tile backsplash. I have a ge monogram stove, jenn air micro and dishwasher, and a viking fridge. The appliances are all stainless with those uber-cool handles. The draw pulls will be those long skinny ones that mirror the handles on the appliances.

The inspiration for my kitchen came from this site: http://www.southernaccents.com/accents/homes/architecture/article/0,14743,1174487,00.html

You can type in "vintage modern kitchen" in google and it will come up. I can't load pictures because they are not mine :(

I have not picked a sink, facuet, paint color, or flooring. The inspiration pics show a dark wood flooring, but that's too much dark for my small kitchen. I was thinking a grey tile/travertine but I wanted to pick the your brain for ideas. What color(s)/materials should I be leaning to for the floor? And what about paint colors?

Thanks for your input!

Comment

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!