SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bumpyroadtohome

Advice on Kitchen Choices - I need your help!

BumpyRoadtoHome
12 years ago

The deadline to finalize our kitchen choices has arrived and I'm at the point now where I just want to get it over with. We love modern/contemporary kitchens but I still love a touch of traditional.

Keep in mind we have all stainless steel appliances. We are aiming for a more modern/industrial look.
CABINETS

Flat-panel cabinet doors. Dark stained maple doesn't show grain, whereas Oak does. Would oak make it look rustic?

{{!gwi}}
FLOORING

We're going with tile in the kitchen and it carries to the nook. The area has an adjoining living room that has a dark handscraped hardwood that has grey undertones. I wonder if going with the lighter tile will lighten up the space since the kitchen doesn't have direct windows. As well as provide a contrast to the dark hardwood in the living room.

{{!gwi}} OR {{!gwi}}
BACKSPLASH

I really love the look of carrera marble..either in subway tile, mosaic or some form of glass backsplash with light grey tones.

{{!gwi}}
QUARTZ COUNTERTOP

Would you pair everything with a light grey countertop or white? I love the contrast of the white but hubby likes the grey. The walls are light grey.

{{!gwi}}

I know everyone says that I should choose what I like, but I honestly can't decide and all the choices are variations of the same thing. Any help is much appreciated. Love this forum!!

Comments (33)