SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clc08_gw

Need advice..I'm reading our granite/cabinet color choice is bad,

clc08
16 years ago

First, it isn't too late to change our granite choice, so at least that is good.

Our plan is to paint our honey oak kitchen cabinets white and top with Verde Butterfly.

Now I just found a website, The Rock Blog, and the expert opinion I read there is that Verde Butterfly and white cabinets aren't a very good combination. He seems to suggest a warmer stone with more brown/cream tones. This is exactly opposite of what I read on the Stonemark site...it said Verde Butterfly would look great with white cabinets. (We are getting our granite from Stonemark/Home Depot).

This is ironic in a way because our first plan (a year ago?) was to do something like Santa Cecelia with a creamy cabinet.

The only given is that the cabinets will be painted some color. They are structurally sound and we just don't have it in the budget to replace them. (Darn it.) We have two 16' runs of parallel cabinets/appliances. (corridor, or galley) kitchen with stainless appliances. We were planning on hardwood flooring with this look.

I almost hope all my previous posts have dated themselves off the board...we have been trying to pull this together for well over a year and I'm almost embarrassed to ask yet another question. It took us that long to finally decide to do granite vs. another material.

I would appreciate your opinions here.....I'm really concerned we are making a huge mistake, but it isn't too late to change.

Comments (17)