SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Decorating a spot in tiny powder room

Sueb20
14 years ago

The discussion of art in bathrooms got me thinking, and looking at my own little 1st-floor powder room. It's tiny, about 3' x 5'. I made a "splash" by putting a large reproduction vintage poster on the one empty wall, across from the toilet. Under the poster there is a small table/magazine rack. (Let's not turn this into a discussion about whether it's okay to have magazines in the bathroom! I don't like it but I live with 3 guys who think it's a great idea.) I want to have an arrangement of something interesting/attractive on the table. I can't put something as precarious as a vase of flowers, because the room is used by kids who could knock it over (like I said, it is a tiny space). Here is what I have now, but I need something with some height. Any suggestions?? This is one of those silly areas in my house that I keep looking at and thinking "Hmm... what could go here?" and have not yet come up with the answer.

Hard to get a picture because the space is so tight:

Hmm. Maybe I just need a taller piece of furniture, but it's hard to find something that will fit here.

P.S. This is how I'm passing the time while waiting for my new sofa to arrive for my dining/library room! An hour to go...

Comments (13)