SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kiki_thinking

Lr/dr decisions

kiki_thinking
10 years ago

edited to remove comment that it was "hard to post my home here when there are so many lovely homes posted. "

Changed to say:

This is such a great site, and with so much collective knowledge and taste!
Plus you are kind, and fun!

We have lived here for three years and have finished many of the structural issues and are getting ready to do the fun stuff! Hardwood floors, new kitchen, having the house painted, new deck.

Our home has a 70s style, an awkward layout and a big intrusive stone fireplace with a fair bit of pink in it.

These photos show 1/2 of my great room. I feel like the stone in the fireplace dictates a lot of my choices, which is unfortunate, because it's not really the color scheme i'd use.

I want a medium wood color. Im not a fan of the very dark wood floors except walnut, but walnut is not in our budget.
Am trying out this bruce hardwood flooring. hickory with a light stain, to even out the color. I wanted 4" width boards, but have found a very good deal on 3 1/4 inch width boards. I need to make a decision today on whether i want the hardwood (another buyer ordered and backed out). This price would allow me to do my lr/dr plus my kitchen, plus hallway and maybe even the master bedroom downstairs.
What do you think of these floors with the fireplace and my furniture? Please ignore the brass on the fireplace, that will go as soon as i can manage it.

This post was edited by kiki_thinking on Thu, Nov 7, 13 at 4:51

Comments (33)