SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Feeback Requested on Fabrics from Calico Corners and LR/DR plan

Valerie Noronha
16 years ago

I went to Calico Corners today and was very impressed with their quality, customer service and selection and would like to know of others' experience with them.

I would also like feedback on some fabrics I am evaluating for my living and dining room. While the rooms are visable from one another, they are separated by the foyer with wide entries on both sides. Wall colors were recently painted when we remodeled, though I am open to repainting the accent wall. I plan to do my occasional tables in antique 1940's style mahogany (Hepplewhite/Duncan Phyfe). Here is what they look like now (piano will stay but will be moved away from fireplace wall):

{{gwi:1846540}}

{{gwi:1791829}}

{{gwi:1854798}}

Here are some of the fabrics I am considering:

{{gwi:1854799}}

{{gwi:1854801}}

{{gwi:1854803}}

My husband's aunt just gave us a set of 4 beautiful pillow covers (upper right above) which I think could tie into my color scheme--but again I don't want to base a decision on this. I would like the sofa to be in a light neutral fabric which I can change the look easily as well as bring in color through the use of sofa cushions. The fabric I'm considering is a herringbone pattern--but can't decide between the two colors pictured above--left is a vanila/bone color and the right has more gold tones to it. I'd even be open to using the fabric on the sofa printed below--it's hard to tell as I didn't take a closeup by the little dots are in green on the gold background. Here's a pic of the type sofa I would like, though I will do 3 T-cushions instead of two:

{{gwi:1854804}}

Also in the plan are for 2 arm chairs which I would like to use the floral. I am thinking of using the stripe pattern for accent pillows--for the sofa and perhaps even the armchairs--unless the recommendation is for a solid. Another option I am considering is to recover my dining room chairs in this fabric which would be good since we do bring in the dining room chairs to the living room for overflow seating--assuming it could be coordinated with an as yet unselected oriental style floor rug. ALternatively, I also like this fabric for the dining room chairs, if I could find something similar:

{{gwi:1854806}}

If anyone has some recommendations where to purchase fabric like the above, I'd love to hear it.

Paired with this for the window treatments, I would like to do a striped taffeta silk panels from RH with 3 silk roman shades per window. Cost is definitely a factor here as I priced out the shades today and were a bit higher than I'd like to pay at CC, though other plan could be to purchase at JCP. The ones I saw at CC today were all in lovely textured prints, though I was planning a bone/sand/ivory/bronze dupioni silk solid--now I wonder if that will be too boring. Lower cost option would be to do some linen textured cellular shades that sort of disappear into the frame when up. Here is the shade that I like though at CC:

{{gwi:1854807}}

I've set my budget to fully decorate these two rooms for $10K. It seems like a lot, but adds up quick. CC is having a sale now with $75/off every $500 purchase and RH has their 20% off sale later this week which I hope to take advantage of. CC also includes delivery and it looks like the fabrics already have some sort of stain protection as well.

Comments (7)