SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megpie77

Could really use some help with family room PLEASE!

megpie77
14 years ago

I hope you all don't mind all of the pics!

Hello and thank you for taking the time to look!

This is our family room downstairs in our split level home (daylight basement I think). I originally painted the room a dark muted blue (BM yarmouth blue I think) with BM huntington beigh celing. Looked great in the room on HGTV I mimmicked it from. I've come to the conclusion dark colors, though I love them, do not look great in my home.

The TV is mounted above the fireplace and I have to have a sectional that goes along the windows. My hubby will be installing longer track lighting with smaller heads. The carpet will be a light sand color and we may put built ins on the sides of the fireplace. I am concidering paint colors BM Mulin or BM cream fleece. Maybe this is too monochromatic? I do not like peachy colors and do not want green down here. Or I also thought of a pale siver/blue. I am concidering gettin the Pottery Barn Pearce sectional in oat (pic below) or in light wheat or perhaps getting a different brand in a pale sivery/blue. Cealing and closet doors will be painted BM Moonlight white (almost identical to BM White Dove)

I love Pottery Barn , Restoration hardware and designs by Candice Olson. With that in mind does anyone have any suggestions-paint color, firplace color (or stone refacing), color of furniture, plantation shutters (I have these in living room) drapery/single roman shades per window/one big roman shade. Have at it and thank you agian.

the room

BM Muslin

PB sectional-daker and richer in color in person,neutral but leans warmer in tone

Comments (12)