SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wooderlander

to the rescue!

wooderlander
16 years ago

This is just a reminder that if you, like me, no longer really shop at Sears, don't forget about them! A repairman sent by the home warranty company BROKE our cooktop two days ago, cracked one side right across, threw up his hands and left after telling us to go ahead and cook on the unbroken side -- very dangerous. I was going to toss him out anyway because of his bad attitude, though my DH kept trying to give him another chance. Grr.

We're expecting 25 for Thanksgiving so I was a little panicky. We called all over this metropolitan area of 1 million people, looked all over the Internets, nowhere was a suitable cooktop (that would fit into the same space in the granite) to be found that could get here before December.

Finally looked at sears.com yesterday and found the exact one I was looking for, and Sears claimed it could be delivered today. The nice old fellow in the Sears appliance department looked it up at the same time and told me to be sure and order it before 3 p.m., which I did. The price came in several hundred dollars less than expected, even with delivery. The automated call telling us when to expect the delivery came in at 6 p.m. yesterday, and the cooktop arrived at 9 this morning.

Now DH is struggling to install it, but I have faith. I just wanted to commend Sears for having the thing in stock when no one else did, for the efficiency of the whole process, and for the helpfulness of the guy in the appliance department. Thank you, Sears!

Comments (4)