SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
massagerocks_gw

need paint combo opinions pls

massagerocks
10 years ago

Some years ago we made our living room into the dining room. The former dining room has sat unused ever since. The plan was to make a sorta quiet reading room. I finally found a sofa and chair and am so happy to finish the room. It needs paint and I'm having such a hard time. I want it to be very light off/white and neutral but warm-based. The room gets very little light. The adjacent room (now the dining room) is SW Blonde, but my furniture is more on the brown side and the golder/yellow colors are not working. It seems every color I try turns either pink or grey dirty. The best combo I've come up with is SW Dover White for above the chair rail and SW softer tan below. The Softer Tan is perfect. Not sure about the Dover White. It doesn't look white to me at all, just slightly creamy. I'm not sure b/cus it looks a little bright at night. Most of the pics I[m finding use this as a trim color. Has anyone used Dover White for a wall color? Here is a pic of my sofa and chair, but the lighting throws off the color. Sofa is a brownish/gold-grey. Chair is looks grey in the pic but is actually very drk brown. It's pillows are on the couch. My floors are brown oak. thank you.

Comments (2)