SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gobruno_gw

Another project DONE! Pics...

13 years ago

Ok, so I feel a little bit scatter-brained in how I'm approaching all my decorating, running from project to project, room to room, but I am slowly getting things done. So, here is my latest project done (Ignore the strings for now). I actually got the idea from one of my other threads that I posted when magnaverde mocked up the big E on my stairwell when I was considering buying a wooden E as an art piece. I'm pretty proud of this little project; so, if you think it's awful, please don't comment! I put together the entire canvas from 2x2s, stretched it myself (it's 4'x7.5'), drew and painted the letters and just hung it last night with my DH. I love the painting for several reasons. First, our last name starts with an "E" so the eye chart idea was perfect bc that's often the biggest letter at the top. Second, my FIL is a retired opthomologist, and he's been somebody whom I've roped into so many "projects" over the last few years (so has kind of been my partner) and also a great guy (so a little bit of an homage to him). Also, the letters represent each of the members of our family, and I like that. Finally, bc the art piece is hung so high (on a 22 ft. wall), it's kind of funny that it's an eye chart and tests whether you can see it. Anyway, it was more of a feat to hang it than to make it. Note the strings (which we are going to cut off tonight). We came up with an elaborate manual lift and pulley system that took over 2 hours to figure out! Anyway, thank you Paintergirl for your advice re the glaze. It was super helpful.

Comments (33)