SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcoxmd

damage to Big Chill at delivery : ( what would you do?

jcoxmd
13 years ago

So the delivery guys bring my custom RAL Big Chill in and scratched it on the doorway. Sorry about photos-computer is not cooperative lately. You get the idea, but these do make bigger scratch look pretty dramatic-more so than in real life.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
It's about a foot off the ground, technically on the side-panel but visible unless you are directly in front of or to the left of the fridge. The scratch is about 1/2" long, with a smaller scratch a few inches below.

I called Big Chill while the delivery guys were here. They offered me $400 back "scratch and dent price" but can't send a paint pen as it is a custom color. Price of fridge was $3245 + delivery. A new fridge takes 6-8 weeks.

My contractor arrived while I was stalling, and he thinks we can get auto paint to match, and make it much less obvious. The truth is that if they had offered me a "scratch and dent" with similar damage when I ordered I probably would have ordered it (we're hard on things around here, sometimes it helps if it's not perfect in the first place.) But when I look at my cute new fridge all I can see is the scratch and it makes me sad!

What would you do?

Comments (20)