SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ayerg73_gw

What would you do? Countertop damage...

ayerg73
12 years ago

Ok, this is a cross-post from the appliance forum. The link for the original post is below... But I think my problem is not an appliance problem and I want to know if I'm a little bit crazy for being upset.

What would you all do...?

We bought a Bosch 800 series dishwasher after our current one died. It was installed in October (our kitchen remodel is currently scheduled for April 2012, so it was our first purchase...)

A few weeks later I noticed that the wood was beginning to swell a little from our formica countertops. I posted on the appliance forum and asked if this was normal. The reply I got told me that it was not a big deal and that since I would have stone soon that it wasn't a problem.

Now it's gotten so bad that my counter above the dishwasher is lumpy and I can't even keep the dishwasher door shut to finish an entire cycle.

I called the appliance store and a repairman is coming tomorrow. They insisted that it couldn't be the Bosch and were very defensive about the whole situation.

I updated my post on the appliance forum and I got a reply that this is how Bosch 800 series dishwashers are...steam rises up and that I could just shave down the swollen wood on my counter until I replace it.

Does this seem right to you?

Is it unrealistic for me to expect the appliance store and/or Bosch to fix my countertops? I have a hard time thinking I'm the only person without stone that's ever had one. Shouldn't I have been warned when I purchased it that it would cause damage?

Any advice would be a great help because I'm quite frustrated and may not exactly be thinking straight! ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous Appliance Forum post

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!