SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karendee_gw

If you were on a budget what would sprays? I have damage...

karendee
12 years ago

If you were on a budget what would be the sprays you would use for plants?.

I have over 20 tomato plants and 4 pepper plants to treat.

I do not see much selection in the local stores (I have menards and home depot) I do see the Safer 3 in 1 spray. I can order something as well. I might need a lot with over 20 plants!.

I have some Sevin bug spray. I had a great coupon so I got some. It was sprayed once on the pepper plants and tomatoes (Both had some small holes)

I am on a strict budget. So far I have only fed my plants with my vermicompost (worm poop) and worm tea. I spray bug killer but nothing else. I am trying to grow some food to eat and store for the family. Plus I love home grown tomatoes!

I will attach photos but I have removed many of the affected stems to try to stop the problem until I get the right treatment. (some may also have some dirt from me watering with unfiltered worm tea)

I also need fertilizer, and I was thinking some bone meal or something organic.

I have researched and see most use dacconil (sp?) Is that able to take care of everything?

Is there a place anyone knows of where the sprays are cheaper? I am out of work and need to be as cost effective as possible!!

I have tin can traps for the snails and pill bugs. I caught some pill bugs munching on some pepper plants. They love the traps :)

THANKS!.

Karen

PS: I have Menards and Home Depot nearby but I can travel to Walmart, Lowes, Meijer and more.

stem removed last night

one of the bad looking ones

Some are unaffected (Aunt Ruby's, Riesentraube and some others)

Slideshow

Comments (19)