SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

Got ambitious this weekend....

reno_fan
16 years ago

(By now everyone knows I have decorating/house ADD, so I'll not try to explain why I do the things I do!)

Instead of tackling the mounds of dirty laundry, dog-hair covered floor, or messy garage, I decided to undertake a completely different project. (DH flat out told me that if I started it, he would not, under any circumstances, help me finish it. It would be all my own. Well thbbththppppttt! to him!)

We inherited a pretty good back yard with this house, but it has/had a *horrendous* wooden deck that is rotting (and soon to be replaced), and it had a lattice fence surrounding the pool. I thought I wanted a fence around the pool for privacy, but ours was SO ugly and dilapidated that I wanted to take it down. Here is a shot that shows a little of the ugly lattice fence:

And here is my view from my back porch now:

Of course, this opens a whole new can of worms. We need *some* sort of privacy around the pool, so we'll likely have to build a retaining wall at the back of the pool, and add some tall plantings. We're now also stuck staring at the small section of fence behind the diving board. That area houses all of the pool equipment. Trying to come up with a cute design idea for that area as well. Maybe a "surf shack" with a bar or something...

Anyway, to my eye, it's a VAST improvement. My neighbor even came out and thanked me, as she's had to look at the rotting lattice for the last 10 years! She said it's the best the backyard has ever looked, which is sad, considering that it's completely unkempt and in-progress!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH