SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lalithar

Prep sink area set up - Inspire me

lalithar
12 years ago

I have been trying to play with prep sink area set up for a few days now and am still stuck and could use some inspiration. Can you show me how you organized this space?

Space Description: I have a 24" double bowl prep sink (Franke Beach) that needs a 27" cabinet. It will have a disposal as well. Can I fit storage or maybe a single drawer dishwasher underneath the sink? There is a 15" space for a trash/recycle/compost pullout to the right of it.

Equipment:

1. Instant hot/ cold filtered faucet

2. Single drawer dishwasher --> I think this will be useful but I am not sure where I can fit this. Under the sink?

3. Trash/ recycle/Compost Bin --> I already have ideas for this from a recent thread. There is a 15" space to the right of the prep sink where I am planning a trash pullout with a foot pedal.

Tools:

1. Colanders (Big, Med, Mini), prep bowls (Big, med, tiny)

2. Cutting boards (wooden, small plastic/ bamboo)

3. Knifes

4. Other prep tools (Mandolin, peeler, whisk, grater, garlic press, mortar/pestle)

5. Measuring spoons, cups

6. Prep appliances --> I am thinking to keep these on the counter (I am OK with the visual as I prefer them accessible :) --> Blender, spice grinder, can opener, Food processor)

Comment